Monday, August 01, 2005

Oilers move Isbister

Isbister has been traded to Boston for a 4th round pick.

The return seems low to me, but I'm sure Lowe shopped around and this was the best he could do.

I think they can use his 1.1 mil better on the UFA market to fill some holes, so I like the move. It's unlikely he would have been playing on the top 2 lines in Edmonton, and at that money I don't think he's enough of an upgrade to be worth keeping on the 3rd/4th lines, not when his roster spot can be filled for a half a million bucks less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty clear that the Isbister trade was two things:

-- salary dump (probably 400k or so once you net out the replacement)

-- line-up relief (too many wingers by far on this team - especially if a UFA center is signed)

I wish it had been for a higher return draft pick but c'est la vie I guess.

Good trade imo.


YKOil